These examples give a flavour of the kind of church consultancy assignments carried out during 2022. Time involvement can range from less than one day to ten or more spread over some months.
I advise a wide range of denominations including Church of England, other Anglican churches, Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, independent and new churches, etc.
- Various independent, external assessments of leadership and church operations, resourcing and structures for (on the whole) larger churches and for mission agencies.
- Advice on issues of strategy and governance, often in a growing church where structures or plant no longer provide sufficient support or resource.
- Reviews of major diocesan projects and departments reporting at senior staff or board level.
One-to-one work consultancy
- The offer of an external perspective to Ministers on their present or future ministries, diary planning, email management, etc.
- 'Black bin sack days', seeking to sort out clergy desks and studies and provide input on principles for how to keep desk and floor clear in future.
- Advice to individual Ministers preparing for interview for new posts, appointing and working with staff, and other operational issues.