These examples give a flavour of the kind of assignments carried out or planned during 2015 and 2016. Time involvement can range from one day to ten days or more, spread over some months.
I advise a wide range of denominations including Church of England, other Anglican churches, Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, independent and new churches, etc.
- Various independent, external assessments of leadership and operational resourcing and structures for (on the whole) larger churches.
- Advice on operational or administrative staffing appointments, involvement in interviews and initial support of new staff.
- Audits of urban and rural churches seeking advice on single issues relating to vision, planning, communication, new appointments, etc.
- Advising on the use of my 'Church Health Review' to assess every area of a church's ministry.
One-to-one work consultancy /coaching
- Offering an external perspective to Ministers on their present or future ministries.
- Providing 'black bin sack days', seeking to sort out clergy desks and studies and provide input on principles for how to keep desk and floor clear in future.
- Working with mission or denominational staff on line management, mission support, etc.
- Standing alongside church leaders facing difficulties of various kinds.