One major aspect of my ‘support’ services is to co-ordinate the work of UCAN, the UK Church Administrator Network. This was established in 2009 and has now grown to over 1,350 members.
It is designed for anyone employed by a church in an administrative capacity, part-time or full time at any level. The network includes Directors of Operation, Church Business Managers, Church Office Administrators, Parish Secretaries, Ministers’ PAs, Administrative Assistants, etc.
Membership is drawn from Anglicans, Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, FIEC, Newfrontiers, Vineyard, independent churches and other denominations and groupings.
In these pages you will find:
- UCAN overview – including membership benefits and categories
- UCAN application to join – how you join UCAN
- UCAN events – the coming programme
- UCAN recordings - audio recordings from past conferences
- UCAN local groups - we now have 20 and the number is growing
- UCAN distance learning - details of the St John's Nottingham / UCAN module.
Then three major pages which are only accessible to UCAN members who first need to log in:
- UCAN news – news items plus the current and back-issues of mailings
- UCAN resources - including members questions and responses plus much more
- UCAN database – the full online database of all members.
It is also possible to access these pages through UCAN’s own website address www.church-administrator.net which take you straight to the page you are on now.
POST OF UCAN ADMINISTRATOR & NETWORK CO-ORDINATOR
Applications have now closed for this new post but, for those interested, here are the details:
The UCAN Directors interviewed short-listed candidates (from 28 applications) on Thursday 20th July and will make an announcement shortly.
MAJOR NEW UCAN RESOURCES
You can now listen to the March 2017 Cutting Edge conference main talks on the UCAN recordings page. The UCAN resources page (restricted to Church Administrators who are UCAN members) has major new items including many back-up resources from the conference, the new 2017 version of the 'Risk Toolkit' pack, and sample resources from members added regularly. This last list includes a sample 'policy on policies' at MR37, a full Data Protection Policy plus implications of GDPR at MR38 (uploaded on 7th July) and a set of detailed 'How to' guides for use with church staff, interns and volunteers at MR39 (uploaded 19th July).