One major aspect of my ‘support’ services is to co-ordinate the work of UCAN, the UK Church Administrator Network. This was established in 2009 and has now grown to over 1,250 members.
It is designed for anyone employed by a church in an administrative capacity, part-time or full time at any level. The network includes Directors of Operation, Church Business Managers, Church Office Administrators, Parish Secretaries, Ministers’ PAs, Administrative Assistants, etc.
Membership is drawn from Anglicans, Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, FIEC, Newfrontiers, Vineyard, independent churches and other denominations and groupings.
In these pages you will find:
- UCAN overview – including membership benefits and categories
- UCAN application to join – how you join UCAN
- UCAN events – the coming programme
- UCAN recordings - audio recordings from past conferences
- UCAN local groups - we now have 17 and the number is growing
- UCAN distance learning - details of the St John's Nottingham / UCAN module.
Then three major pages which are only accessible to UCAN members who first need to log in:
- UCAN news – news items plus the current and back-issues of mailings
- UCAN resources - including members questions and responses plus much more
- UCAN database – the full online database of all members.
It is also possible to access these pages through UCAN’s own website address www.church-administrator.net which take you straight to the page you are on now.
BOOKING NOW FOR CUTTING EDGE 2017
We already have as many people booked for the residential Cutting Edge conference next March as we had at the last one. We can take more. Full details on the UCAN events page.
UCAN RESOURCES PAGE SAMPLE DOCUMENTS
The UCAN resources page now includes a growing list (30 so far) of sample documents from UCAN members' churches to save others reinventing wheels, plus details of how to obtain the Risk Toolkit pack. The latest toolkit updates are included here too including the major 20th September 2016 one. Page available to members only. Log in first.