One major aspect of my ‘support’ services is to co-ordinate the work of UCAN, the UK Church Administrator Network. This was established in 2009 and has now grown to over 1,350 members.
It is designed for anyone employed by a church in an administrative capacity, part-time or full time at any level. The network includes Directors of Operation, Church Business Managers, Church Office Administrators, Parish Secretaries, Ministers’ PAs, Administrative Assistants, etc.
Membership is drawn from Anglicans, Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, FIEC, Newfrontiers, Vineyard, independent churches and other denominations and groupings.
In these pages you will find:
- UCAN overview – including membership benefits and categories
- UCAN application to join – how you join UCAN
- UCAN events – the coming programme
- UCAN recordings - audio recordings from past conferences
- UCAN local groups - we now have 21 and the number is growing
- UCAN distance learning - details of the St John's Nottingham / UCAN module.
Then three major pages which are only accessible to UCAN members who first need to log in:
- UCAN news – news items plus the current and back-issues of mailings
- UCAN resources - including members' questions and responses plus much more
- UCAN database – the full online database of all members.
It is also possible to access these pages through UCAN’s own website address www.church-administrator.net which take you straight to the page you are on now.
UCAN ADMINISTRATOR & NETWORK CO-ORDINATOR APPOINTED
The UCAN Directors are delighted to announce the appointment of Isabel Willerton who started to work with us on 11th September. The handover from John, with new website and systems, will probably be in October. There were 28 applications. Here is information about the post:
LATEST UCAN NEWS UPDATE NOW OUT
UCAN News Update 17:5 has been emailed to all members and associates on 6th September. You can also find it on this website on the UCAN news page (log in first).