These notes were first published on this website in August 2017.
These notes give advice to a leader who works with a No. 2, such as a Minister with an Associate, a Youth Leader with a deputy. There is also a section applying the principles to working with an EA or PA. There are ten suggested principles.
- Ensure they share your vision
- Give them an overall role that is both clear and challenging
- Put them in charge of defined areas
- Line manage them well
- Meet regularly
- Affirm them in public
- Put them in charge when you are away
- Work on a few projects together
- Appoint an enabler
- Champion their growth
Here is the link to this item: TN101 - Working with a No. 2.pdf