These notes were first published on this website in December 2014 and last updated in November 2016
Size: 176 kB
Many of us tend to say 'Yes' when asked to undertake a future assignment, to help out in some way or to join a group, perhaps because it makes us feel important and wanted or we simply feel we ought to agree, even if our time is already very full.
These notes are designed to help you assess such requests and show how you can say 'No' if you feel that is the correct answer. Here are:
- Ten reasons why we love to say 'Yes'
- Five questions for groups
- Ten means to help you assess the request
- Ten questions to ask yourself
- Five ideas for how to say 'No'.
Here is the link to this item: TN84 - How to say 'No' when you should.pdf
These notes were updated in November 2016 with minor amendments.