These notes were first published on this website in December 2016
Minutes of a church business meeting need to be accurate, clear and immediate. These notes provide helpful advice to enable all three aims to be achieved. They consist of
- Five reasons for minutes – the key idea is to record decisions not discussions
- Five skills to develop – such as listening and attention to detail
- Five ways to prepare – success is formed before the meeting begins
- Five actions at the meeting – such as being ready to ask for clarification
- Five top tips for production – including a range of simple ideas for great minutes.
The Notes then provide an example of how a 45-minute discussion can be minuted well in just a few lines.
Here is the link to this item: TN97 - How to minute a meeting.pdf