First published on this website in August 2009 and last updated in July 2017
Any group has some form of 'agenda'. But what about the 'sub-agenda' that is actually going on? Here is advice for group leaders (whether of a whole congregation or just three people) on how to spot what might be happening.
- Check the basics (size, purpose, set up, culture)
- Focus on each person (personality, position, where they fit, relationships)
- Use your eyes! (where people sit, how they look, how they involve themselves)
- Use your ears! (what they are really saying, who they are talking to, their role)
- Observe the whole group (listening, loving, status, leadership)
But be aware that being part of a group may never be the same again!
Here is the link to this item: TN49 - What's going on under the water.pdf
These notes have been updated in July 2017 with minor amendments to the text.