First published on this website in June 2018
These Training Notes set out the proper place of a church budget. They show that a budget puts across:
- an outworking of the church’s purpose and plan;
- a statement of the church’s vision and faith;
- a practical demonstration of the church’s values;
- an assurance of wise stewardship;
- a measure of spiritual health.
This is followed by a section of variations in budget construction and questions for discussion. These notes are for leadership teams, not just the Treasurer, to demonstrate the importance of a church budget and its use in decision-making.
Here is the link to this item: TN108 - What do budgets actually tell us.pdf