First published on this website in December 2002 and last updated in October 2019
Size: 139 kB
TN12 covers the final part of the kind of training events I run on managing change in churches. It consists of 20 ideas if you want help in how to ease a church congregation or organisation's staff through a process of change.
- Ask 'Why?' before you ask 'How?'
- Distinguish purpose from vision
- Understand the purpose of any church
- Help everyone to think visionary
- Keep God's Kingdom as the focus
- Never lose sight of the destination
- Show it's part of something bigger
- Communicate in every way you can
- Listen to feedback at every stage
- Think before you go public
- Try an experimental period
- Keep everyone together
- Ripple it out
- Model the new setting
- Know your history
- Take it in stages when you can
- Let people say good-bye to the old
- Celebrate milestones
- Admit when you get something wrong
- Learn from every mistake.
Here is the link to this item: TN12 - Twenty ideas to help people change.pdf
These notes have been updated in October 2019. They originally had the title Fifteen ideas to help people change, but in 2015 I added five more points!