First published on this website in October 2008 and last updated in August 2020
What message do your buildings give? These notes enable you to compare and score your church building when measured against a number of public houses which exist in your vicinity:
- The King's Arms - for the building itself
- The Red Dragon - for your sign-boards
- The Plough - for your grounds and surrounds
- The Queen Anne - for your car park
- The Horse & Groom - for your entrance points
- The Green Man - for your external lighting
- The Pig & Whistle - for your disability awareness.
Why do pubs score so highly on their external appearance when our churches too often do not? Here is a challenge to rethink what might be possible with the outside of our buildings.
Here is the link to this item: TN44 - The message of your buildings.pdf
These notes have been updated in August 2020 with minor alterations to the text.