First published on this website in August 2012 and last updated in July 2020
Size: 149 kB
A range of straightforward checklists to help you understand how stress, or more accurately 'distress', can impact anyone in Christian ministry. A basic understanding of this subject can help you take corrective action before you find yourself in trouble.
- Ten reasons why Christian ministry can be distressful
- Five factors that affect stress levels
- Ten distress signals from our bodies
- Ten behavioural reactions
- Five spiritual reactions
- Ten corrective actions to take
The notes end with two ideas for Bible-themed group discussion.
The ten reasons why Christian ministry can be distressful include:
- open-ended opportunities
- high levels of emotion
- dysfunctional people
- secular environment
- solo working with no escape
- long hours and financial pressure .....
Here is the link to this item: TN67 - Stress and the Christian worker.pdf
These notes have been lightly edited and reformatted in the July 2020 update.