First published on this website in February 2020
These notes assume you need to present a case for change to win over a possibly hard-to-convince group of people. They cover the initial pitch more than the ongoing process. There are three section, each with six ideas.
- Your concept - it needs to be crystal clear
- Their concerns - you need to be prepared
- The concert - aim for a creative, varied approach.
Point made under these three headings include:
- Headline the needs to be met
- List the benefits of the change
- Don't minimise the costs
- Identify the likely opposition
- Understand their viewpoints
- Use lists
- Tell stories
- Be memorable.
Here is the link to this item: TN121 - Making a case for change.pdf