First published on this website in October 2004 and last updated in August 2020
Size: 140 kB
These notes highlight ten points worthy of careful consideration when a church is planning a major financial project which is to be funded through the giving of the membership. See also Article A16, Funding a capital project, on this website. The ten points are:
- Capital (or possessions) - the first line of thinking
- Communication - it is hard to over-communicate but easy to mis-communicate
- Give-away - the idea of a mission project to support too
- Leadership - these are high-risk events requiring bold leadership
- Membership - involve everyone not just the well-off
- Options - decisions which need to be made
- Planning - timescale, budget, a dedicated group
- Prayer - a venture of faith
- Teaching - keep this distinct from the idea of fund-raising
- Vision - the real point of the project
Focus on these ten for a wise, biblical and effective foundation for any major financial project.
Here is the link to this item: TN19 - Key words for a financial appeal.pdf
These notes have been updated in August 2020 with minor alterations throughout the text.