First published on this website in February 2019
These notes give advice on how to write a church profile, a document that should provide an accurate and perceptive overview of your church especially when seeking a new Minister.
The recommendation is to think in terms of six sections:
- The HEART of the church: an overview of membership and priorities
- INFORMATION about the church’s life: a wide range of factual detail
- The AREA: its features, schooling and how served by other churches
- A fair ASSESSMENT of your church: health, strengths and weaknesses
- The FUTURE: vision, prayer and plans
- The PERSON PROFILE for the new Minister
The Notes offer and explain four aims when writing: To be
There are then detailed checklists of what to include. These cover the six sections and follow the four guidelines. There is specific advice on preparing the person profile.
Here is the link to this item: TN114 - How to prepare a church profile.pdf