First published on this website in August 2019 and last updated in August 2021
Size: 154 kB
These notes are designed to start you off on a building project by asking the right questions before you appoint an architect. They are:
- What is the precise need?
- Who are we seeking to serve?
- How committed are we to praying for the vision?
- What spaces do we need?
- What do we want this building to say?
- How flexible to we want to be for how long?
- What might be people's reactions?
- What about practical issues?
- Which other churches should we visit?
- What staffing and maintenance will be required?
- How shall we fund it?
- What early advice do we need?
This is then followed by a listing of 12 more technical questions, six to check out potential architects and six regarding official permissions you will need.
If your church is considering any form of new build or reordering project, here is a wise way to launch the process with checklists to work through so you do not miss something vital.
Here is the link to this item: TN117 - Building project preparations.pdf
Share on Twitter
Send a Tweet about this resource:Tweet
These notes were updated in August 2021 with minor amendments and current weblinks.