First published on this website in December 2007 and last updated in December 2019
A comprehensive checklist of everything to consider when appointing any kind of Church Administrator:
- Justify the appointment - seven current issues
- Define the purpose - seven possible roles
- Select your priorities - fourteen areas of work
- Employ well - seven decisions to take
- Be prepared - fourteen problems that arise
- Plan for development - seven areas of growth
Check these out for a new appointment or to review an existing one.
To give a flavour of the points, here are the first few under 'Be prepared':
- clash of roles
- office a compromise between purpose and availability
- people ignore the office
- Administrator caught between doormat and dragon
- lack of realisation of responsibility by the employing body
- poor management of the Administrator
- relationship between Minister and Administrator breaks down
and so on.
Here is the link to this item: TN40 - Appointing an Administrator.pdf
These notes have been updated in December 2019 with updated references.