These notes were first published on this website in April 2016 and last updated in February 2020
Size: 154 kB
Spoken announcements in church services need to be chosen with care and spoken with skill.
- Spoken notices are different from those that are printed.
- People want news about people more than information about events.
- Spoken notices are part of the worship, not a TV advertisement break.
- There are many possibilities.
There are ten further pieces of advice for how to give out a notice well.
- Clarify the headline
- Know why you want to communicate it
- Identify who it's for
- Check the timing
- Anticipate the likely blockages
- Pay attention to how you appear
- Check you are the right person
- Surprise people
- Watch the feedback
- Cover those missing.
Here is the link to this item: TN93 - And now for the notices.pdf
These notes were updated in February 2020 with minor amendments throughout the text.