First published on this website in October 2013 and last updated in September 2021
Size: 152 kB
Here are 63 points that Church Administrators have submitted to form a body of wisdom about working in a busy church office. Some are challenging, others poignant or amusing. Several have a depth of meaning and are worth pondering. They are grouped under eight headings:
Here are some examples under a range of these headings:
- If my job description wisely includes things not to be done, it can be framed and quoted.
- My young child is praying that I will be at the school gate on time today.
- I really don't need to be 'nice' when approached unnecessarily just before the service.
- People in need are no respecters of time.
- There is a final number of rooms available and not even I can find another!
- All people are lovely, but some outstay their welcome.
Here is the link to this item: TN77 - Administrator wisdom.pdf
Share on Twitter
Send a Tweet about this resource:Tweet
These notes have struck a chord with many Church Administrators and people often mention them to me. Here is a typical comment received: "This is fantastic! It made me smile so much and how true are these gems! It's definitely going up on the office wall and will be left surreptitiously on a few desks!!".
These notes were updated in September 2021 with some minor adjustments to the text.