First published on this website in August 2004 and last updated in July 2020
A growing number of churches are appointing some form of leadership team. Here, in list form, is the kind of ground I might cover in a session on reviewing the life and work of an existing team, or helping a church to set one up for the first time. You will find in these notes:
- Five key concepts
- Seven possible models
- Seven dangers to be aware of
- Five essentials to hold on to
- Four reasons for having a team
- Eight possible roles for the team
- Six possible way of selecting team members
- Seven issues considered in the choice
- Six practical issues to encourage effectiveness
- Eleven points to consider when setting up as new.
Together these form useful checklists to enable you to think through team purpose and operation.
Here is the link to this item: TN18 - A leadership team checklist.pdf
These notes were updated with minor amendments and some reformatting in July 2020.