First published on this website in June 2018 and last updated in June 2020
Size: 156 kB
These notes encourage a church to prepare a policy on hospitality. The following areas are covered.
- Entertaining guest speakers and visitors
- Arranging meals and accommodation
- Going the extra mile
- Saying thank-you
- Paying proper fees and expenses
- Showing generosity to mission workers
Offering meals and care for various groups
- Those who live on their own or from abroad
- External groups that hire your rooms
- Newcomers' meals
- Events for the local community
Encouraging a church-wide culture of hospitality
- Those able to invite visitors back to Sunday lunch
- Those who use their homes for others
- Hospitality in small groups
- Church means for those who would value help
Here are practical ideas to work out appropriate responses to an Old Testament concept and a New Testament command.
Here is the link to this item: TN107 - A church policy on hospitality.pdf
Share on Twitter
Send a Tweet about this resource:Tweet
These notes were updated in June 2020 with minor amendments to the text.