First published on this website in October 2005 and last updated in April 2021
These notes are unusual in that they contain only headings and lists, a total of 136 points to consider when any Christian mission contemplates a move of office. They are grouped under 34 headings which are themselves placed into five main categories.
- National location
- Area location
- Office facilities
- Financial issues
- Staffing and supporter issues
As an example, the headings under 'National location' are as follows:
- Location in an international context
- Location as a Christian statement
- Location as a denominational or professional statement
- Perception of the location by the avency's non-office staff and supporters
- Suitability of base for staff who travel
- Ease of access for committee members and others.
Each of these has four sub-points to consider.
Some of the points listed may be obvious (cost, floor-space, explaining the move to supporters). But others may not be considered until it is too late. So, to ensure you leave nothing to chance when you are thinking of a change of location, here is your starting point.
Here is the link to this item: TN26 - A checklist for an office move.pdf
Share on Twitter
Send a Tweet about this resource:Tweet
These notes have been updated in April 2021 with minor alterations to the text.