First published on this website in December 2008 and last updated in December 2019
Size: 157 kB
If, like many in churches, you can use a computer but make no claim to be an IT expert, you need a simple listing of the key security issues you should be aware of to keep your computer safe. Here it is!
- Protect computer and files
- Always use a firewall
- Install anti-virus software
- Back-up key files
- Update software and hardware
- Protect against spyware
- Expect fraudulent and hoax emails
- Deal with spam
- Understand website and PC security
- Secure wireless networks.
There are sources given for further advice but the basics are all here under these ten headings.
Here is the link to this item: TN46 - A beginner's guide to IT security.pdf
Share on Twitter
Send a Tweet about this resource:Tweet
These notes have been updated in December 2019 with minor amendments to update the text.