Boundaries, discipline and space
First published on this website in July 2010 and last updated in May 2020
Why is it that there is virtually no training available for clergy and church workers on coping with the special pressures experienced when the work base is situated within the home? This article offers analysis and practical guidelines over three broad areas.
A: Work/home boundaries
Four home-working models are explained:
Practical suggestions for action follow wherever you find yourself on this spectrum.
B: Personal discipline
Four examples are discussed and practical ideas suggested for each:
- the daily schedule
- the tracking of expenses
- taking time off
- not wasting time.
C: The working space
Six issues are covered:
- who else uses the study: sole occupancy or multi-user
- its different purposes: single-use or multi-purpose
- location: ideal or compromised
- study design: stylish or estate norm
- security: alarms or open house
- is home working the right option?
Here is the link to this item: A25 - Working from home.pdf
Share on Twitter
Send a Tweet about this resource:Tweet
This Article was updated in May 2020 with minor amendments to the text.