... by direct giving
First published on this website in April 2007 and last updated in February 2021
An article about funding for one-off capital projects (church building, community plans, mission placement abroad). It assumes the bulk of the giving is to come from the congregation's giving rather than from trusts or events.
The vision – shared vision – possessions – the cost of giving
B: Choices to make
Seven sets of actions for the planning team to consider.
- Do we ask the congregation alone or look further afield?
- Do we seek only direct giving or allow events/sponsorship?
- Do we ban earmarked giving or welcome it?
- Do we ask people to give from revenue or capital?
- Do we add a second project for mission work elsewhere?
- Do we go for the quick kill or the careful campaign?
- Do we fund-raise or faith-raise?
C: An action checklist
Sell the vision – keep everyone in touch – include all – encourage giving – organise a Gift Day – plan well ahead - teach and pray.
Here is the link to this item: A16 - Funding a capital project.pdf
Share on Twitter
Send a Tweet about this resource:Tweet
This article has been updated in February 2021 with minor changes and additions to the text.