First published on this website in August 2009 and last updated in July 2011
Any group has some form of 'agenda'. But what about the 'sub-agenda' that is actually going on? Here is advice for group leaders (whether of a whole congregation or just three people) on how to spot what might be happening.
- Check the basics (size, purpose, set up, culture)
- Focus on each person (personality, position, where they fit, relationships)
- Use your eyes! (where people sit, how they look, how they involve themselves)
- Use your ears! (what they are really saying, who they are talking to, their role)
- Observe the whole group (listening, loving, status, leadership)
But be aware that being part of a group may never be the same again!
To read or download this item, click here: tn49.pdf
Comment on this item
Please comment and add to the debate by way of support, disagreement, experience, additional points to make, etc.