One major aspect of my ‘support’ services is to co-ordinate the work of UCAN, the UK Church Administrator Network. This was established in 2009.
It is designed for anyone employed by a church in an administrative capacity, part-time or full time at any level. The network includes Directors of Operation, Church Business Managers, Church Office Administrators, Parish Secretaries, Ministers’ PAs, Administrative Assistants, etc.
In these pages you will find:
- UCAN overview – including membership benefits and categories
- UCAN application to join – how you can join UCAN
- UCAN events – the coming programme
- UCAN recordings - audio recordings from past conferences
- UCAN local groups - a new idea being set up from autumn 2012.
Then four more pages which are only accessible to UCAN members who first need to log in:
- UCAN news – news items plus the current and back-issues of mailings
- UCAN resources - remuneration survey and further audio recordings
- UCAN forums – on buildings, IT, employment, offices and a general one
- UCAN database – the full online database of all members.
It is also possible to access these pages through UCAN’s own website address www.church-administrator.net which take you straight to these pages on this site.
RESOURCES FOR MEMBERS (9th May): The printed notes used at the first series of Area Training Days over the past 18 months have now been added to the UCAN resources page (log in first).
RESOURCES FOR MEMBERS (12th April): Cutting Edge conference 2013 - Workshop recordings and slides, plus main speaker slides and back-up material, have now been uploaded to the UCAN resources page (log in first). Audio recordings of Claire Pedrick and Mark Greene's main session are on the UCAN recordings page.