First published on this website in August 2006 and last updated in July 2012
These notes seek to bring some clarity to a confused understanding of what is meant by 'vision' in a planning context. They introduce six themes to explain what a vision should be about. Test your own church's vision against these.
- Destination: a description of where you want to get to
- Changed lives: "with a vision you are seeking to change the world"
- Ends not means: opening a building is not a vision
- One clear vision: you can have visionaries without a vision
- God at work: vision is about our faith in what God might do, not our achievements
- Leadership: you need a leader to move you from A to B
The is followed by footnotes on time-scale in vision, and on the idea of a vision statement.
To read or download this item, click here: tn32.pdf
Comment on this item
Please comment and add to the debate by way of support, disagreement, experience, additional points to make, etc.