First published on this website in August 2006 and last updated in July 2014
These notes seek to bring some clarity to a confused understanding of what is meant by 'vision' in a planning context. They introduce six themes to explain what a vision should be about. Test your own church's vision against these.
- Destination: a description of where you want to get to
- Changed lives: "with a vision you are seeking to change the world"
- Ends not means: opening a building is not a vision
- One clear vision: you can have visionaries without a vision
- God at work: vision is about our faith in what God might do, not our achievements
- Leadership: you need a leader to move you from A to B
The is followed by footnotes on time-scale in vision, and on the idea of a vision statement.
Here is the link to this item: TN32 - What do you mean by 'vision'.pdf
These notes have been updated in July 2014 with minor alterations to the text.