First published on this website in January 2001 and last updated in August 2015
Size: 159 kB
These notes provide the basis for a training session for lesson readers and give advice for preparation.
- Note the type of literature
- Study the context of the passage
- Grasp the mood of the passage
- Discover the meaning of the passage
- Visualise your listeners
- Consider practical issues
- Practise the passage
- Decide to review afterwards
- Pray again
There is then a little more detail on No. 7 and a point about reading v listening.
Here is the link to this item: TN1 - Preparing to read the lesson.pdf
These notes have been updated and expanded with new material in August 2015.