First published on this website in April 2004 and last updated in March 2014
Size: 157 kB
A public interview in a church service or other forum is a powerful means of communication. But churches rarely do them well. Here is advice for whoever is doing the interviewing.
- Sort out the practical details - radio mics, positions on the dais, seating, etc.
- Relax those taking part - both parties need to behave naturally so put the interviewee at ease.
- Never script the interview in advance - scary but essential - have the main questions worked out in advance but it needs to be a natural conversation.
- Keep each contribution short - it's a conversation, one long answer ruins the dynamic.
- Speak to each other - and not to the audience, so always face each other and speak to each other, then others can eavesdrop.
Here is the link to this item: tn16.pdf