First published on this website in October 2009 and last updated in September 2011
The second of two articles (with A22) giving detailed advice on applying for a staff post in a church (as Minister or lay worker) or Christian mission (as CEO or other manager). This second part covers writing your application and being interviewed.
3: Write your application
- Explain why you have applied
- Address the issues
- Be real about yourself
- Give me reasons to select you
- Apply in the required format
4: Prepare for the interview
- Prepare the formal interview
- Be ready for the questions
- Make a presentation
- Get the most out of your visit
- Learn from the outcome
See also part A.
To read or download this item, click here: a23.pdf
Comment on this item
Please comment and add to the debate by way of support, disagreement, experience, additional points to make, etc.