These notes were first published on this website in April 2014 and last updated in March 2016
Setting pay scales for staff in a church or mission agency is not straightforward. These notes offer ten sets of questions to help Trustees and others devise an appropriate scheme.
- Salary or stipend?
- Do you expect differentials?
- What are others paying?
- What does it look like to your congregation?
- How do you view incentives?
- Do you pay the Living Wage?
- How do you treat part-time and overtime?
- Is it right to take 'need' into account?
- What of those who do not require a full salary?
- Who knows what about whom?
Here is the link to this item: TN80 - Staff salary scales.pdf
These notes have been updated in March 2016 to take into account changing legislation for workplace pensions and the National Living Wage.