First published on this website in July 2001 and last updated in August 2015
Size: 159 kB
These notes provide a summary of the responsibilties of the Trustees of any Christian charity, avoiding the 'policing' language sometimes seen in such lists and injecting a clear Christian dimension. The aim behind these is for the Staff and Board to work in harmony.
- Maintain a servant attitude
- Promote and protect the organisation's development
- Set a clear direction and keep this under review
- Oversee the right use of resources
- Take individual responsibility
This is followed by a list of personal requirements. A supplement (Training Notes TN5a) offers a similar structure for the role of Staff.
Here is the link to this item: TN5 - Responsibilities of mission agency boards.pdf
These notes have been updated in August 2015 with a number of alterations throughout the text, including a rewritten set of personal qualities for a Trustee.